FALLS CHURCH, VA- Today’s Ireland, the first of its kind programming block incorporating content from Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland makes its national debut on MHz Worldview on November 1.
The block of content airs 1-4 PM ET nationally to the network of MHz Worldview affiliates throughout the U.S.
On weekdays, the content block initially features three programs from TV3 Ireland:
At 1 PM ET, Midday: Elaine Crowley and panelists tackle the hot topics of day with live feedback from the viewers; keeping them on their
toes and stoking the fire of debate.
At 2 PM ET, Late Lunch Live: Martin King and Lucy Kennedy host the afternoon show brimming with topical stories and celebrity interviews, while Claire Solan seeks the quirky stories from around the country.
At 3 PM ET, Tonight with Vincent Browne: A unique, topical issues panel show presented by one of Ireland’s most respected journalists. The program is hard hitting, intelligent, probing and entertaining. It has no boundaries and deals with issues from current topical matters, the affairs of the nation, economics, politics, sport and culture.
Specials from Northern Visions TV and Culture Company of Northern Ireland are featured on:
• November 11, 2 PM ET: In Conversation with June Cole (Northern Visions/NvTv) June Cole discusses being one of the band of female pilots who aided the war effort during World War 2.
• November 11, 3 PM ET: Derry-Londonderry City of Culture. A magazine program detailing the festivities and art of the 2013 UK City of
• November 11, 3:30 PM ET: Derry-Londonderry City of Culture. A magazine program detailing the festivities and art of the 2013 UK City of Culture.
• November 18, 3 PM ET: Giros (Northern Visions/NvTv). First established in the late 80’s next to the Centre for the Unemployed in Donegall Street, Giros Café attracted a diverse group of people whose musical creativity helped build the foundation of the music industry in Northern Ireland.
• November 25, 3 PM ET: Ballymurphy- The Peoples’ Co-ops (Northern Visions/NvTv). Like many cities in Britain, Belfast suffered industrial decline in the 1960’s, where high unemployment rates were the norm for many of the housing estates in the area. In August 1969, when families from the Lower Falls were burnt out of their homes, they found refuge in temporary wooden huts built for them in Ballymurphy.
On Saturdays, MHz Worldview airs GAA Football Championship from 3-5 PM ET.
On Sundays, MHz Worldview airs GAA Hurling Championship from 3-5 PM ET.
RTE Six One News from Dublin airs at 6 PM ET weekdays.
Today’s Ireland on MHz Worldview is available in over half the top-20 U.S. television markets- more than 40 million households- through broadcast/cable affiliates in: Chicago, IL- WYCC; San Francisco, CA- KCSM; Washington, DC- WNVC/MHz Networks; Tacoma-Seattle, WA-KBTC; Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown, OH- WNEO/WEAO; Minneapolis, MN- MPS Cable; Denver, CO- KBDI; Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, FL- WDSC; Charlotte, NC- WTVI; Nashville, TN- WNPT; Salt Lake City, UT- UEN (statewide); Grand Rapids/
Kalamazoo/Battle Creek, MI- WGVU; Spokane/Yakima, WA- KWSU; New Orleans, LA- WLAE; Las Vegas, NV- Vegas
PBS; Richmond, VA- WCVE; Flint, MI- WDCQ; Charleston, IL- WEIU; Plattsburgh, NY- Mountain Lake PBS (WCFE); Lansing, MI- LCC TV; Moline, IL (Quad Cities)- WQPT; Warrensburg, MO- KMOS; Topeka, KS- KTWU; Rochester-Austin, MN- KSMQ; Athens, OH- WOUB; Charlottesville, VA- WHTJ; St. Paul, MN- St. Paul Neighborhood Network; Stanford, CA- Stanford University Cable, as well as nationally via DirecTV.
Today’s Ireland content is all in English and is also available on mobile (MHz Networks iOS and Android phone and tablet apps), broadband (Roku digital video player) and over the top TV (Google TV) and AudioNow.
Today’s Ireland will build to a full-time 24/7 channel in the next year.
For the full MHz Worldview schedule, visit: www.mhznetworks.org/schedule.
For more information on Today’s Ireland visit: www.todaysireland.tv.