DONATE YOUR CAR

Donate your unwanted vehicle to benefit MHz Networks!

 

MHz Networks has partnered with Vehicles for Charity to provide you with an additional way to support our unique international programming. We'll pick up your unwanted car, truck or other vehicle free-of-charge and provide you with a receipt for your donation, for tax purposes. In one simple step, clean out your garage, get a tax deduction and support independent television on MHz Networks!

 

How does this process work?

 

To donate your car, just call the toll-free hotline at 1-877-308-2408 and tell the operator you'd like to donate your car to MHz Networks, or visit the Vehicles for Charity web site. Here, you'll find an online form on which you can specify MHz Networks as the station you wish your donation to benefit: When choosing the state in which your charity is located, please note that MHz Networks is listed under Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.

 

Typically, Vehicles for Charity requires your vehicle to be 1995 or newer in running or driving order. Vehicles for Charity accepts donations of cars, trucks, RVs, trailers and boats. There are exceptions, so please call if you are in doubt. Once you complete the online donation form or call the donation line to donate your vehicle, your information is forwarded to the towing company. They will call you directly to schedule the pick up. At the time of the pick up, the driver will give you a receipt for taking the vehicle. At this time, you give the driver the keys and your appropriately signed title. There is NO charge to you for the towing. Normally, your vehicle will be picked up in 2-4 business days.

 

When you donate your vehicle to MHz Networks, who benefits?

 

With recent publicity concerning some car donation programs, who benefits from them, and the limits of your donation's tax deductibility*, MHz wants you to know how our car donation program works, and why you can be confident that your donation truly benefits MHz Networks. When you donate your vehicle to this program, MHz receives 70% of the net proceeds; the other 30% goes to the Metropolitan Association for Retarded Citizens of Colorado who originated the Vehicles for Charity program nationwide. Therefore, the entire net proceeds of your donation benefit non-profit organizations, with the largest portion coming to MHz Networks.

 

If you have questions about our car donation program, please call us at: 703.770.7151.

*Under the current law, donors have been allowed to claim the "fair market value" of their vehicle, taking into account such things as its condition and the car's mileage. As of January 1, 2005, the donor may claim up to $500 as a fair market value without special documentation. Beyond $500, the law allows a deduction equal to the gross proceeds from the sale of the donated vehicle. Vehicles for Charity will provide our donors with this information from their offices within 30 days of the sale of the vehicle. This information is not intended as tax advice; you should consult your tax advisor for additional information.